Eastwood Park heritage restoration project
Eastwood Park, once part of the Hasland House estate, was given to the local community in 1913 by Alderman Eastwood; 100 years later, we renovated the park using a grant of over £1 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Big Lottery Fund.
The project was to renovate, improve and modernise existing facilities, as well as introducing a number of new features to the park. Copies of the master plan and conservation plan for the park can be found below.
The council worked closely with the Friends of Eastwood Park and the local community, sports groups and other partners to put together the successful bid.
The £1.3 million grant was was used for a number of improvements, including the refurbishment of the village hall, the restoration of the fountain, the creation of a community garden, mini orchard, rose garden, wildlife area and tree planting.
There is a new multi-use games area and play area for children and young people to enjoy plus improvements to the car park, footpath, drainage and war memorial.
The works were completed in 2013.
Our conservation plan contains a detailed history of Eastwood Park, with photographs and drawings, from its original development in 1913 to the plans for the restoration. You can download it below.
|Eastwood Conservation Plan||(PDF 11.47 MB)|