Coronavirus - Housing updates:
For the latest news and updates on how the coronavirus outbreak is affecting Housing services,and who to contact for help and advice, please visit our Coronavirus information hub.
We are currently only carrying out emergency repairs to our council houses and when doing so the council’s staff will be following the Government’s guidance regarding social distancing. All other repairs are on hold until further notice.
Repairs hotline: 0800 587 56 59
Key housing contacts
Some of our services are experiencing high levels of telephone calls. Where possible, please try to email our teams instead:
email@example.com - Email the Rents team
firstname.lastname@example.org - Email the On the Move team
email@example.com – Email for all general housing enquiries such as anti-social behaviour, neighbour disputes, issues on Chesterfield Borough Council estates.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Email for all Careline, Sheltered housing and Independent living services.
email@example.com - Email to report homelessness or to ask for advice and assistance.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Email to reach the private sector housing team for advice and guidance
Private sector housing team
It may take longer than usual to respond as enquiries are being dealt with on a priority need basis.
The council’s private sector housing enforcement team is operating in line with the latest Government guidance when enforcing standards in rented properties.
Government guidance for landlords and tenants, as well as details on updated enforcement measures are available on the Government guidance pages.
Our specialist housing teams deal with a wide range of housing related matters:
The housing options team is responsible for:
- registration of housing applications and management of the housing waiting list
- allocating and letting properties
- signing up new tenants
- homelessness prevention and homeless applications
Contact the housing options team on 01246 345700.
The neighbourhoods team is responsible for:
- tenancy management, including enforcement of some breaches of the tenancy agreement (eg, anti-social behaviour, untidy gardens, condition of homes)
- tenancy sustainment and support, including financial advice and assistance, new tenancy visits for tenants identified in need of early support
- estate management and the neighbourhood ranger service
- tenant participation
This team can be contacted on:
- tenancy management 01246 345071
- estate management 01246 345142
- tenancy sustainment 01246 345354
- tenant participation 01246 345142
The Careline and support service team is responsible for:
- Careline emergency alarm service
- the response service
- the support service