Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour

Tackling anti-social behaviour in Chesterfield


Report nuisance or anti-social behaviour

If you are aware of anti-social behaviour in your area, you can report it by:


Telephone: 01246 345345

Online form: Report it online

Report Anti Social Behaviour

Write to us:

Neighbourhoods team
Stonegravels Depot
Old Brick Works Lane
S41 7LF

The neighbourhoods team is available:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
  • Wednesday: 10am to 5pm
  • Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm

Please tell us as soon as you have a problem – the sooner we know, the sooner we can help.


Who deals with the anti-social behaviour report?

Both the neighbourhood and community safety teams deal with anti-social behaviour reports. The team that contacts you about your report will depend on the nature of the anti-social behaviour.


Community trigger

The Community Trigger gives victims of anti-social behaviour the right to request a review of their case, if their concerns have not been dealt with, or acted upon, and organisations have been unable to resolve the serious persistent, or targeted, anti-social behaviour successfully.  

FAQs - frequently asked questions

Expand all

Yes, we do prefer you to provide your details but these are not given to the person you are complaining about. We will not give your name or address to any other agency without your permission, unless there is a crime involved or children or a vulnerable adult are at risk.

Yes, you will need to supply details of the nuisance you are experiencing but we can arrange to meet you at a convenient location to discuss this. You might also be asked to fill in monitoring forms to record details of the nuisance.

In many cases problems and disputes can be resolved through discussion with those involved. If a problem cannot be resolved there are a range of legal remedies we can consider for serious and persistent cases of anti-social behaviour.

Yes, we will report back to you at regular intervals and let you know what is happening in regard to your case.

Yes, where appropriate we will work with other organisations to address your problems and those of the people causing those problems. These organisations include the Police, Fire Service, Youth Services, Education Welfare, Environmental Services and Derbyshire County Council.

Where legal proceedings are necessary, you might be asked to be a witness. We will give you all the support we can and work with other partners, including the Police and Derbyshire Victim Support when appropriate.


Hate crime

Find out how we deal with incidents of hate crime, and how you can be a considerate neighbour


Websites for victims of hate incidents and hate crime

If you are a victim of hate crime you can get help and report the problem on the True Vision website.

The Citizen’s Advice Bureau website also provides helpful information and links to advice about hate crime.


Anti-social behaviour policy

Our anti-social behaviour policy explains our role in dealing with anti-social behaviour:

If our documents are not accessible to you, you can request a different format here.
Chesterfield Borough Council anti-social behaviour policy 2019 PDF (PDF 132 KB)


What other help can you get?

You can get advice from other organisations, including:


  • Non-emergency enquiries: call 101
  • In an emergency call 999 or 112
  • Text phone (if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment): 18001 101


Anti-social behaviour leaflet

You can download this anti-social behaviour information leaflet and share it with those that cannot access the internet:

Anti Social Behaviour Information PDF (PDF 413 KB)

Last updated on 15 September 2022