Chesterfield in Bloom
Chesterfield in Bloom is a year-round campaign involving residents, businesses, schools, community groups and a wide range of volunteers.
Our aim is to encourage more people to get involved to improve their local area, the environment and the character of Chesterfield, and aim to make our town a cleaner and greener place to live, work and visit.
Our award-winning borough prides itself on the innovative displays you will see in parks, traffic islands and roundabouts. Over the years we have worked hard to improve the appearance of the borough as a place to live, work and visit.
We encourage local neighbourhoods to get active in improving their own areas of Chesterfield.
Chesterfield in Bloom 2016
Entry for the 2016 Chesterfield in Bloom competition closed on Friday 15 July, we'll announce the shortlisted entries here soon.
There are ten categories in the competition:
- Best front garden sponsored by Fredericks Ice Cream
- Best back garden (up to 80m2)
- Best back garden (larger than 80m2) sponsored by the National Market Traders’ Federation
- Best container garden or hanging basket sponsored by Bannerbox
- Best blooming pub or restaurant sponsored by Weightron Bilanciai
- Best kept allotment site (two acres and above) sponsored by Select Seeds
- Best kept allotment site (less than two acres) sponsored by Chesterfield Markets
- Best kept individual allotment plot (150m2 and above) Sponsored by Dunston Hall Garden Centre and New Leaf Plant Centre
- Best kept individual allotment plot (less than 150m2).
There is also a prize for the best overall garden sponsored by Killingley Landscapes.
Chesterfield in Bloom forms the borough’s entry to the East Midlands in Bloom competition.
Some of the entrants into the best kept garden competition may be visited by the East Midlands in Bloom judges next month as part of their tour of the borough.
Sponsoring Chesterfield in Bloom
Local businesses take pride in supporting the Chesterfield in Bloom campaign and helping to improve the town.
A wide range of opportunities are available, including tree sponsorship, hanging basket sponsorship, sponsoring a whole park and the popular traffic island sponsorship.