Graffiti is words or drawings that have been painted, scribbled or scratched in a public place - usually without permission.

The owner of the land or property that the graffiti is on is responsible for removing it.

Please let us know if you see graffiti on council property, for example: 

  • benches, bus shelters, post boxes
  • playground equipment, gates and fences
  • council owned buildings 

We also need to know about graffiti on private property if it is racist, offensive, obscene or politically motivated - we will prioritise dealing with it.

You can report graffiti on private property that is not offensive - we can provide a quote to the property owner for removing it.

Report a problem

Let us know if you spot graffiti.

You will need to tell us the address where the graffiti is or be able to mark it on a map.

Please let us know if the graffiti is obscene or offensive - you can send us a photo of the problem, but don't take photos if you feel it isn't safe. 


Report graffiti


Protecting your privacy - find out how we keep your information safe.

What we can do

Where there is graffiti on council property we will remove it or paint over it. We prioritise dealing with graffiti that is obscene or offensive.

If the graffiti is on private property we will ask the owner or occupier to remove it. 

You can use the form above to tell us about graffiti on your property and ask us to provide you with a quote for removing it.

What we can't do

Derbyshire County Council deal with graffiti on road signs, footbridges, road bridges, and street furniture - such as road barriers, traffic lights and lampposts. Report a problem to Derbyshire County Council.

We also don’t remove graffiti from:

You might also be interested in:

Last updated on 20/11/2023